Friday Nights and the Highlights

Well it started off quite normal, nothing seemed out of the ordinary but little did I know that was all about to change. It was 5:30pm and I’d just finished work when I decided to stop at Burger King to quickly grab a bite to eat on the way home. What I didn’t know was that I’d left my wallet inside back at the office, which turned out to be the least of my problems.

I get back to the office, unlock the doors and start making my way up the elevator to our floor only to realize that the key card to get into our office floor is also in my wallet which is sitting just on the other side of the door. At this point I decided to call my sister on the way back to the car. Thankfully she was still working down at the shopping mall which wasn’t to far of a drive from my work so I decided I’ll stop in and borrow some cash off her to buy dinner with and my drinks for the night before I go round to the ‘boys’ house for the usual Friday drinks.

Once I arrived at the mall is was almost 6:45pm , which meant I only had 45 minutes to see my sister, buy dinner, drinks and get to my mate’s house which is over half an hours drive . So I frantically dashed through the mall weaving and diving around small children and elderly people to reach my sisters shop when I darted headfirst into a pretty but poor kiosk girl who was handing out some fliers that had one of those new scannable QR code things that sent me to a website for reliable home gym reviews , I wanted to try convince her to come to my mate’s place for drinks that night however I realized shortly after kneeling with her and going through the QR steps and looking at what she was offering that I only had 35 minutes left to get everything done.

At this point I was starting to feel a little bit doubtful that I’d make it in time and for good reason too. I finally got to her shop and she gladly lent me the small amount of money I needed to get me through another night of debauchery and satire humor only to order a pizza from the same food court where she works, which turned out to have off chicken which gave me food poisoning. I only found this out around an hour later that I had contracted this horrible bug but we’ll get to that later.

I finally got around to leaving the mall after having eaten and bought my drinks, only to get less than 100 meters down the road and be pulled over. Great! I don’t have my license either because that too is in my wallet. The officer that pulled me over is one of those “Ah so what’s the excuse today” types who disregard anything you have to say and act like nothing is “their problem”. He proceeds to become more and more hostile towards me while I try to explain the reason for not having a driver’s license on me, but it get’s worse as he then started to act like i was an illegal immigrant for not producing a form of photo ID for him to identify me with.

He tell’s me to wait in the car and that he’ll be with me shortly. So patiently I wait , and within the blink of an eye a second patrol car has now turned up. Shortly after the second patrol car arrives two officers approach my car, one from each side and the original officer who pulled me over started asking me to hop out the car and put my hands behind my back. I started thinking to myself “You’ve got to be kidding me”, and at that point he started putting handcuffs on me and informed me that he’s placing me under arrest under suspicions of me being an illegal immigrant.

After 24 hours of sitting in a cell waiting , wondering if I’ll ever get out I was finally released and happy to see my very own sister that had lent me the money for my drinks and dinner, however she was standing there red in the face with anger because the girl that I was hitting on and trying to woe back to my friend’s place for drinks turned out to be her best friend who was engaged. Quite an eventful Friday night after all!