Becoming a Participant
Currently, The Pangaea Project partners with three alternative high schools across the city to recruit our students. If you attend one of the schools listed below and are interested in participating in our program, please tell your teacher, advocate or principal.
The Pangaea Project's 2011 school partners:
Students undergo a comprehensive, competitive application process which includes their performance in World CLASS, essays, letters of recommendation, and health history. There is no minimum grade point average or language requirement for students.
Criteria for acceptance:
- Attend one of The Pangaea Project’s partner schools;
- 16 years old by the date of travel;
- Eligible for free or reduced lunch program and/or live at or below 80% of the median family income as defined by the Bureau of Housing and Community Development and/or provide evidence that the participant's family does not have adequate resources to contribute to the international experience;
- Successfully complete World CLASS;
- Proven record of commitment, dedication, and follow-through;
- Exhibit leadership skills or strong leadership potential; and
- Have a strong desire to travel the world and a passion for social change.